A safe, reliable and efficient multimodal transportation system will help move movement of people and products and contribute to a vibrant economy. Minnesota continues to fall short of sustained and strategic funding for roads, bridges and transit. The Legislature should dedicate additional dollars from the general fund to complement long-term transportation funding.
- Dedicate 100% of sales tax on auto parts to transportation.
- Resolve long-term metro transit funding challenges.
- Require hands-free use of cell phones while driving.
- Prepare for connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Establish permanent, long-term efficiency expectations at Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Link to policy paper: