CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency. Waste Wise and Energy Smart provide the resources necessary to assist businesses with environmental sustainability programs and initiatives.
The Energy Smart Program Energy Efficiency Specialist is responsible for coordinating and conducting new business outreach and research, conducting on-site energy consultations, maintaining program database, providing Energy Star building benchmarking services and assisting other program staff as needed.
Specific duties include:
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking.
- In conjunction with the Energy Smart Program Manager, research and identify outreach targets.
- Coordinate outreach communication with business groups and associations.
- Schedule site visits for the Energy Smart program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door-knocking.
- Conduct on-site energy consultations to identify and encourage implementation of energy efficiency and conservation opportunities.
- Know and effectively communicate the details of commercial electric and natural gas utility programs.
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete waste reduction, reuse and recycling projects.
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and update database with program results.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Energy Smart Program Manager and MCC Environmental Sustainability Program Director.
- 3 – 5 years recent experience in business energy efficiency consulting and business development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of energy efficiency opportunities and equipment technology.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, utility representatives and others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software.
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges.
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage.
This is a full-time with benefits. The position includes benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Director of Environmental Sustainability at the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. Send application materials to Brenda Beaudet at firstname.lastname@example.org