CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
SUMMARY: The Workforce Development Program Consultant provides a variety of services to programs directly related to workforce development and education, including but not limited to MN Job Match.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MN Job Match Program
A web-based job and intern-seeking software tool that matches the needs of Minnesota employers with individual job seekers focused initially on Minnesota high school seniors and post-secondary students.
- Primary liaison representing the Minnesota Chamber and its affiliates in the marketing and promotion of MN Job Match to employers.
- Overall coordination and management of MN Job Match program, supported through the WorkFountain® Platform.
- Ensure successful re-launch of program and ability to exceed goals as outlined in the State of Minnesota Agreement.
- Outreach and engagement with current affiliate partners to re-establish relationship and credibility of product and program.
- Create new business development opportunities for MN Job Match, its uses, and value proposition to employers and prospective network partners, including but not limited to local chambers of commerce, trade associations, and other business partnerships.
- Development and implementation of marketing strategies to ensure monthly benchmarks of job and internship postings are met.
- Collaborate closely with RealTime Talent to develop and maintain relationships with higher education institutions and job-seekers, thereby increasing the pool of job seekers in MN Job Match system.
- Management of various contracts related to project.
- POther work-related duties as necessary.
- Represent the Chamber and Chamber Foundation at various workforce development-related community events and initiatives.
- Other work-related duties as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS: We seek a self-motivated consultant, capable of problem solving and working independently. This opportunity requires the ability to build strong working relationships that result in creating new partnership opportunities with key stakeholders. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to deliver upon the expectations for this program. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of experience with a preference for an individual who has leadership experience within the workforce development or education area, as well as experience working within the chamber industry or non-profit organizations/member service organizations.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Excellent written and verbal skills along with effective interpersonal communications and presentation skills in one-on-one, small group, and large audience situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel with basic knowledge of Salesforce, CRM and other software platforms.
TRAVEL: Statewide travel required.
TIME REQUIREMENTS: Consultancy to begin immediately through June 30, 2019. Time required to fulfill responsibilities anticipated not to exceed 20 hours per week.
Relevent information:This is a contract position with no benefits. Send application materials to Brenda Beaudet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.292.4680.
Job Purporse: The primary focus is to generate revenue through new sponsorship revenue in support of the Minnesota Chamber's communications, programs & events.
- Manage the day to day activities of MN Supplier Match. This includes but is not limited to acting as the primary liaison of the program; maintain, and coordinate the development of improvements to design and functionality; responding promptly to inquiries and requests for business assistance; linking inquirers with the portal resources; working with the members of the Grow Minnesota! Partnership to develop interest and usage of the resource; create benchmark and analytics reports to measure program; and develop and implement member and community outreach plan to attract more engagement and increase use of the supplier database.
- Manage the Grow Minnesota! Partnership business retention data base, including preparing regular reports for the state as a whole and local chamber partners on the current condition and trends of Minnesota businesses. Enter data from business visits into database.
- Manage and champion the Chamber’s Small Business Council including integration of the “small business” voice into the various programs, policies, events, and other special initiatives.
- Conduct one-on-one business retention visits statewide, as well as provide any necessary one-on-one business assistance and follow-up.
- Assist in the development of stakeholder presentations.
- Primary liaison for Grow Minnesota! Partnership-produced events and meetings; and marketing support for other MCC events and programs. Annual events may include but not be limited to: Workforce Solution: Hidden Talent Pool, Manufacturer’s Summit, MN Supplier Match Roundtables, Grow Minnesota! Regional Economic Forum(s).
- Represent the Chamber on targeted community and economic development groups, as necessary.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects related to both Grow Minnesota! Partnership and the Minnesota Chamber.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and interest in the development and growth of Minnesota's economy: Course work or experience that shows knowledge of our state's economic history and the development of its economy. Demonstrated interested in and knowledge our state's business community. Relevant undergraduate degree desired.
- Communication Skills: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to convert analysis into a clear and convincing presentation. Ability to work under pressure with short timelines and competing deadlines.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in working with large and growing databases of Minnesota companies utilizing Salesforce, CRM, and Microsoft platforms.
- Leadership and Management of Resources: Demonstrated ability to be an effective leader within a team environment. Capacity to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Business & Organization Knowledge: Understands the business of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce and its subsidiaries. Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Project Management and Planning: Strong attention to detail, organization and adherence to timelines, along with ability to multi-task.
Relevant information: This is a full-time position with benefits. Send application materials to Brenda Beaudet at email@example.com or 651.292.4680.
The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce is a statewide advocacy organization representing 2,300 businesses and over 500,000 employees across Minnesota. We advocate on a broad array of business issues that affect businesses' bottom line. Advocacy includes legislative representation at the state capitol, as well as individual business assistance through our programs. Events and sponsorship programming support our advocacy and membership representation and service.
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency.
The Waste Wise Program Sustainability Specialist is responsible for a broad range of program activities including business recruitment, on-site waste consultations, technical assistance, and service follow-up. Specific duties include:
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking.
- Schedule site visits for the Waste Wise program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door knocking.
- Effectively communicate waste reduction, sustainability, energy conservation opportunities.
- Perform on-site consultations to identify and encourage implementation of waste reduction, recycling, and organics diversion opportunities.
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete waste reduction, reuse and recycling projects.
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and promptly update database with program results.
- Conduct waste reduction, reuse, and recycling research as needed.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Waste Wise Program Manager and MCC Environmental Sustainability Program Director.
- 3 – 5 years recent experience in business environmental sustainability consulting and business development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of waste reduction and business environmental sustainability issues.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, waste hauler representatives and others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software.
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges.
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage.
Relevant information: This is a full-time position with benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Waste Wise Program Manager. Send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency. Waste Wise and Energy Smart provide the resources necessary to assist businesses with environmental sustainability programs and initiatives.
The Energy Smart Program Energy Efficiency Specialist is responsible for coordinating and conducting new business outreach and research, conducting on-site energy consultations, maintaining program database, providing Energy Star building benchmarking services and assisting other program staff as needed.Specific duties include:
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking
- In conjunction with the Energy Smart Program Manager, research and identify outreach targets
- Coordinate outreach communication with business groups and associations
- Schedule site visits for the Energy Smart program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door-knocking
- Conduct on-site energy consultations to identify and encourage implementation of energy efficiency and conservation opportunities
- Know and effectively communicate the details of commercial electric and natural gas utility programs
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete waste reduction, reuse and recycling projects
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and update database with program results
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Senior Energy Efficiency Specialist and the Program Director
- 3 – 5 years recent experience in business energy efficiency consulting and business development
- Comprehensive knowledge of energy efficiency opportunities and equipment technology
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, utility representatives and others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage
Relevent information:This is a full-time with benefits. The position includes benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Director of Environmental Sustainability at the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. Send application materials to Jill Curran at email@example.com or 651.292.4653.