CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce (MCC) is a statewide advocacy organization representing 2,300 businesses and over 500,000 employees across Minnesota. We advocate on a broad array of business issues that affect businesses’ bottom line. Advocacy includes legislative representation at the state capitol and individual business assistance through our programs. Events and sponsorship programming support our advocacy and membership representation and service.
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber, to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency.
The Executive Director of Sustainability for the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (MWWF) leads the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation and the MCC Waste Wise and Energy Smart programs. Responsible for annual program performance and financial objectives of the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation and the MCC Waste Wise and Energy Smart programs. The position is also responsible for ensuring that all staff provide program services to as many Minnesota Chamber members as possible.
- Serve as Executive Director of the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation
- Oversee and lead all aspects of the MCC Waste Wise and the Energy Smart programs
- Draft and manage budget for the MWWF and the MCC Waste Wise and Energy Smart programs
- Develop and manage long-term strategic plans and goals, ensuring all contract and program goals are achieved
- Seek and secure new MWWF funding including development of new grant proposals and oversight of contract activities including annual reporting
- Manage and foster positive relationships with MWWF funders
- Staff MWWF board of directors and officers, prepare for and follow up on all MWWF board meetings
- Manage Waste Wise and Energy Smart Program Managers on day-to-day activities and annual performance reviews; provide support to ensure all department team members reach annual goals
- Write, produce and ensure distribution of program communication materials
- Research and develop new voluntary and innovative environmental sustainability programs that reflect the MWWF mission
- Conduct Waste Wise and Energy Smart visits and follow-up for contract clients as well as MCC members outside of MWWF contract areas
- Foster connection between Waste Wise/Energy Smart program staff and the MCC as a whole
- 5+ years of executive leadership and technical expertise in the area of environmental sustainability
- 5+ years of experience raising funds, creating new revenue sources, and managing budgets
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in business management, communications, environmental sustainability, or related field
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills required
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate in an organized manner on environmental issues to both large and small audiences, media and businesses
- Ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with donors, board members and staff
This is a full-time exempt position with full benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the MCC Vice President, Programs and Business Services and the MWWF Board of Directors. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send resumes and cover letter to Brenda Baudet at email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is September 7, 2018.
Summary: This position is responsible for the overall membership sales goals of the organization.
Essential job duties:
- Manage membership sales strategy and lead new member sales team to achieve quarterly and annual goals.
- Personally sell Minnesota Chamber memberships to achieve quarterly and annual goals.
- Create organizational plan to build relationships with prospective members and generate leads.
- Lead all weekly sales meetings and provide update on activities.
- Document and manage sales activities and all contacts with new, current and prospective members in the Microsoft CRM database.
- Attend networking events to increase centers of influence and new member opportunities.
- Assist in outside functions of the Minnesota Chamber as needed.
- Experience in B2B sales, business development, managing customer relations and/or companies.
- Understanding of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce's mission and vision and the needs of a statewide, diverse, member-driven organization.
- Professional ability to relate, communicate and sell high level executive and/or business owners.
- Ability to not only source new member opportunities to sell, but also to close those opportunities within a short period of time.
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office Suite. Must have ability to learn the Chamber's database software and other technologies for sales presentation and database usage.
- Highly effective communication skills – oral and written.
- Must be self-starter; highly motivated individual and have the ability to motivate others.
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing members.
- Must be responsive to current and prospective members' needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as a positive team player in all Chamber activities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Must exhibit a friendly, positive attitude and be a team player.
Applications should be received prior to August 10 or until position is filled. Application materials should include a current resume and a cover letter of interest supporting your fit for the position with relevant experience. References are not necessary for application at this time but may be requested later in the process. Email submissions with attachments are preferred. Please send to Brenda Beaudet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary: Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency.
Position description: The Waste Wise Program Sustainability Specialist is responsible for coordinating and conducting new business outreach and research, conducting on-site waste consultations, providing technical assistance and service follow-up and maintaining program database. This position is also responsible for providing targeted program services to members of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce.
Essential Job Duties:
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking
- Schedule site visits for the Waste Wise program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door knocking
- Effectively communicate waste reduction, sustainability, energy conservation opportunities
- Perform on-site consultations to identify and encourage implementation of waste reduction, recycling, and organics diversion opportunities
- Conduct follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete waste reduction, reuse and recycling projects
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and promptly update database with program results
- Conduct waste reduction, reuse, and recycling research as needed
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Waste Wise Program Manager and Program Director
- 1 – 3 years recent experience in business environmental sustainability consulting and business development
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Comprehensive knowledge of waste reduction and business environmental sustainability issues
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, waste hauler representatives and others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage
This is a full-time position with benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Application materials should include a current resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Please send to Brenda Beaudet at email@example.com.