CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- Manage the day to day activities of MN Supplier Match. This includes but is not limited to acting as the primary liaison of the program; maintain, and coordinate the development of improvements to design and functionality; responding promptly to inquiries and requests for business assistance; linking inquirers with the portal resources; working with the members of the Grow Minnesota! Partnership to develop interest and usage of the resource; create benchmark and analytics reports to measure program; and develop and implement member and community outreach plan to attract more engagement and increase use of the supplier database.
- Manage the Grow Minnesota! Partnership business retention data base, including preparing regular reports for the state as a whole and local chamber partners on the current condition and trends of Minnesota businesses. Enter data from business visits into database.
- Manage and champion the Chamber’s Small Business Council including integration of the “small business” voice into the various programs, policies, events, and other special initiatives.
- Conduct one-on-one business retention visits statewide, as well as provide any necessary one-on-one business assistance and follow-up.
- Assist in the development of stakeholder presentations.
- Primary liaison for Grow Minnesota! Partnership-produced events and meetings; and marketing support for other MCC events and programs. Annual events may include but not be limited to: Workforce Solution: Hidden Talent Pool, Manufacturer’s Summit, MN Supplier Match Roundtables, Grow Minnesota! Regional Economic Forum(s).
- Represent the Chamber on targeted community and economic development groups, as necessary.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects related to both Grow Minnesota! Partnership and the Minnesota Chamber.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and interest in the development and growth of Minnesota's economy: Course work or experience that shows knowledge of our state's economic history and the development of its economy. Demonstrated interested in and knowledge our state's business community. Relevant undergraduate degree desired.
- Communication Skills: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to convert analysis into a clear and convincing presentation. Ability to work under pressure with short timelines and competing deadlines.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in working with large and growing databases of Minnesota companies utilizing Salesforce, CRM, and Microsoft platforms.
- Leadership and Management of Resources: Demonstrated ability to be an effective leader within a team environment. Capacity to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Business & Organization Knowledge: Understands the business of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce and its subsidiaries. Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Project Management and Planning: Strong attention to detail, organization and adherence to timelines, along with ability to multi-task.
Relevant information: This is a full-time position with benefits. Send application materials to Brenda Beaudet at email@example.com or 651.292.4680.
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency. Waste Wise and Energy Smart provide the resources necessary to assist businesses with environmental sustainability programs and initiatives.
The Energy Smart Program Energy Efficiency Specialist is responsible for coordinating and conducting new business outreach and research, conducting on-site energy consultations, maintaining program database, providing Energy Star building benchmarking services and assisting other program staff as needed.
Specific duties include:
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking.
- In conjunction with the Energy Smart Program Manager, research and identify outreach targets.
- Coordinate outreach communication with business groups and associations.
- Schedule site visits for the Energy Smart program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door-knocking.
- Conduct on-site energy consultations to identify and encourage implementation of energy efficiency and conservation opportunities.
- Know and effectively communicate the details of commercial electric and natural gas utility programs.
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete waste reduction, reuse and recycling projects.
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and update database with program results.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Energy Smart Program Manager and MCC Environmental Sustainability Program Director.
- 3 – 5 years recent experience in business energy efficiency consulting and business development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of energy efficiency opportunities and equipment technology.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, utility representatives and others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software.
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges.
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage.
This is a full-time with benefits. The position includes benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Director of Environmental Sustainability at the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. Send application materials to Brenda Beaudet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff person responsible for providing support to the president, additional office staff as needed & the chairperson and volunteer board of directors.
- Maintain the President's schedule, including day-to-day and long-term management of meetings, projects, and priorities.
- Ensure the President is prepared for upcoming appointments by gathering materials necessary for each meeting, organizing out-state and in-state travel schedule and providing him daily itineraries.
- Prioritizing meetings and communicating all relevant details to participants.
- Balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
- Coordinate the activities of the Minnesota Chamber's board of directors and a variety of board committees including the executive and nominating committee. Responsibilities include generating meeting notices, agendas, background materials and minutes.
- You'll work with staff to collect and assemble.
- information for presentations, projects and strategic planning.
- Serve as the first point of contact for a wide variety of high-level relationships between President and external contacts.
- Handle phone, email and postal mail inquiries and respond appropriately.
- Draft and edit correspondence, articles, reports and presentations; transcribe meeting notes.
- Coordinate and manage special projects, including working collaboratively with staff to assure projects meet deadlines.
- Take on tasks to support the work of the Chamber's programs and overall mission.
- Work as a member of the team, willingly providing back‐up support for co‐workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
- Prepares executive budget and manage monthly expense account reports.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
Experience: 5+ years supporting high level executives in corporate or non-profit setting.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge: Interest in state legislative issues and public policy helpful but not required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Utilize analytical skills and a demonstrate broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret and anticipate needs.
- Exhibit sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction and work effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance.
- Promptly respond to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to do independent research. As well as typing, editing/proofing skills (grammar, punctuation, vocabulary, spelling). Word processing, data management and other computer-related experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Specifically, Power Point.
- Customer service skills a necessity.
- Strong interpersonal qualities; adept at establishing and maintaining good rapport and working relationships within all organizational levels.
- Highly motivated by challenges and added responsibilities and demonstrate flexibility in the face of change.
- Project a positive demeanor regardless of changes in working.
This is a full-time with benefits. The position reports to the President of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. Send application materials to Brenda Beaudet at email@example.com