CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency. Waste Wise and Energy Smart provide the resources necessary to assist businesses with environmental sustainability programs and initiatives.
The Energy Smart Program Energy Efficiency Specialist is responsible for coordinating and conducting new business outreach and research, conducting on-site energy consultations, maintaining program database, providing Energy Star building benchmarking services and assisting other program staff as needed.
Specific duties include:
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking.
- In conjunction with the Energy Smart Program Manager, research and identify outreach targets.
- Coordinate outreach communication with business groups and associations.
- Schedule site visits for the Energy Smart program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door-knocking.
- Conduct on-site energy consultations to identify and encourage implementation of energy efficiency and conservation opportunities.
- Know and effectively communicate the details of commercial electric and natural gas utility programs.
- Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete waste reduction, reuse and recycling projects.
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and update database with program results.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Energy Smart Program Manager and MCC Environmental Sustainability Program Director.
- 3 – 5 years recent experience in business energy efficiency consulting and business development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of energy efficiency opportunities and equipment technology.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, utility representatives and others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software.
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges.
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage.
This is a full-time with benefits. The position includes benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Director of Environmental Sustainability at the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. Send application materials to Brenda Beaudet at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is responsible for the overall membership sales goals of the organization.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage membership sales strategy and lead new member sales team to achieve quarterly and annual goals.
- Personally sell Minnesota Chamber memberships to achieve quarterly and annual goals.
- Create organizational plan to build relationships with prospective members and generate leads.
- Lead all weekly sales meetings and provide update on activities.
- Document and manage sales activities and all contacts with new, current and prospective members in the Microsoft CRM database.
- Attend networking events to increase centers of influence and new member opportunities.
- Assist in outside functions of the Minnesota Chamber as needed.
- Experience in B2B sales, business development, managing customer relations and/or companies.
- Understanding of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce's mission and vision and the needs of a statewide, diverse, member-driven organization.
- Professional ability to relate, communicate and sell high level executive and/or business owners.
- Ability to not only source new member opportunities to sell, but also to close those opportunities within a short period of time.
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office Suite. Must have ability to learn the Chamber's database software and other technologies for sales presentation and database usage.
- Highly effective communication skills – oral and written.
- Must be self-starter; highly motivated individual and have the ability to motivate others.
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing members.
- Must be responsive to current and prospective members' needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as a positive team player in all Chamber activities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Must exhibit a friendly, positive attitude and be a team player.
Applications should be received prior to August 10 or until position is filled. Application materials should include a current resume and a cover letter of interest supporting your fit for the position with relevant experience. References are not necessary for application at this time but may be requested later in the process. Email submissions with attachments are preferred. Please send to Brenda Beaudet at email@example.com