Waste Wise & Energy Smart Program Intern
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency.
The Waste Wise and Energy Smart Program Intern is responsible for a broad range of duties including program outreach, site visit follow-up and program implementation, and maintaining program data base. This position supports the Director and will include a variety of other tasks to help Waste Wise and Energy Smart achieve contract for service goals.
- Survey targeted entities through direct contact outreach to evaluate opportunities and barriers
- Complete site visit follow-up research and other related activities
- Maintain accurate records of follow-up activity and update database accordingly
- Create monthly outreach, program service and other activity reports as needed
- Assist with program communications
- Work on and potentially lead special projects
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Director of Environmental Sustainability Programs
- Preferred 2+ years’ experience working in business development and high touch customer service with focus on environmental sustainability issues
- Bachelor’s degree with related coursework that includes communications, business, environmental studies, or related
- Computer proficiency with emphasis on data management tools including Salesforce and Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong research background with the ability to accurately gather relevant information and communicate it appropriately and effectively
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Vehicle is required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation
- Able to think out of the box and create opportunities out of challenges
This is a full-time paid temporary position with the potential for a full-time permanent position with benefits. The position includes parking and may involve travel throughout the Twin Cities Metro area. Send application materials to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.