LEADING MINNESOTA’S ECONOMIC RECOVERY
The Minnesota Chamber has worked throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to help our members create economic opportunity to improve the lives of all Minnesotans. Our advocacy on behalf of employers, their employees and communities helps keep and expand business and jobs in Minnesota. We look forward to working with lawmakers to enact policies that will help the business community recover from the COVID-19 recession and flourish in the long-term.
Supporting EMPLOYERS AND EMPLOYEES THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The COVID-19 pandemic impacted Minnesota’s economy in historic ways. As legislators consider policy proposals, we urge them to support measures that encourage recovery and growth. Businesses cannot sustain additional tax and increases, mandates, and regulatory burdens.
The Minnesota Chamber supports:
- Providing hard-hit industries with immediate cash flow through tax reforms – including full federal tax conformity on PPP loan forgiveness and expensing – and small business assistance.
- Enacting COVID-19 lawsuit liability protections for businesses.
- Maintaining and enhancing infrastructure, including broadband connectivity.
- Reorienting workforce development programs based on immediate needs.
- Maximizing schools’ ability to bring students safely back to campus for in-person instruction.
- Providing one-time targeted child care funding to meet the needs of low-income and essential workers and providers.