Supporting sensible regulations maintaining a clean environment and healthy business climate
Support sensible regulations that will allow Minnesota to maintain a clean environment and healthy business climate to foster economic growth.
The Minnesota business community saw a number of successes at the 2019 Legislature including:
• Securing funding for the Pollution Control Agency and Department of Natural Resources to defend permit approvals in court
• Continued streamlining of environmental review and permitting processes
• Requiring science-based peer review of new or revised state water quality standards
• Forging a compromise on using flame retardants in a variety of products and applications
• Stopping the re-establishment of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency Citizens Board
• Blocking the establishment of a carpet stewardship program
Minnesota’s economic engine is powered by more than 100,000 businesses, a diverse landscape interconnected in ways not understood by the...