The Minnesota Chamber is seeking an enterprising communications assistant to promote the Chamber’s mission and reach its strategic goals by supporting a robust communications strategy of public relations and content marketing.
- Coordinating communications tactics with team.
- Tracking and analyzing earned media outcomes.
- Supporting database management to reach key audiences.
- Sending mass email communications to members and other audiences.
- Supporting PR and content marketing efforts with writing, design.
- Assisting with experiential marketing opportunities through Chamber events.
- Providing analytics for digital campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, politics or related field.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in communications.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of the policy and elections process preferred.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple details with a focus on accuracy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite preferred.
- A positive, can-do attitude is necessary!
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Application materials should include a current resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Please send to Anne Mason Yoder at email@example.com.
This position provides administrative support to the Chamber team by assisting with various projects and tasks, including meeting preparation, database management, mailings, conference room management/set up, and other duties as assigned. Responsible for front desk management including greeting visitors and answering phone calls, as well as providing excellent customer service to members and guests. Helps maintain all common areas to ensure the office is in proper order. Assists with accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Provide general support to the VP of Programs and the VP of Membership/Events (scheduling, filing, etc.)
- Assist with special projects such as mailings, nametags, and meeting material preparation.
- Assist with database management, including updating member contact information and preparing monthly thank you letters.
- Support the accounting department by managing the accounts receivable functions of the organization and its affiliates. Specific duties include recording, depositing and balancing daily deposits. Process credit cards and assist with invoicing/monthly renewal mailings.
- Assist with the weekly mailing of accounts payable checks.
- Process certificate of origin documents via an online portal.
- Support the Grow Minnesota! team by entering visits in their dedicated database. Assist with visit prep as requested.
- Answer and direct phone calls in a prompt and polite manner.
- Welcome and assist visitors in a friendly manner.
- Ensure reception area and all common areas are clean and tidy at all times; ensure conference rooms are properly organized and scheduled.
- Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Take inventory of supplies and restock as needed. Stock beverages and order coffee.
- Act as the main point of contact for conference room set up for groups without administrative support (beverages, snacks, supplies, tables, projector, etc.)
- Open and close the office on a daily basis, including turning on/off main phone recording, cleaning the office kitchen, etc.
- Operate standard office equipment on a regular basis including computer, copy machine, and postage machine.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel; database experience.
- Must be professional, reliable, and a team player.
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Application materials should include a current resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience. Please send to Katie Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Purpose: Help drive program goals for Waste Wise and Energy Smart through outreach services and communication efforts.
The Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation was created in 1994 to help businesses and institutions throughout Minnesota undertake new waste prevention and recycling programs. For the past 25 years, the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation has helped thousands of organizations throughout Minnesota minimize their impact on the environment and achieve cost savings through waste reduction, recycling, energy efficiency, and other sustainability initiatives. The Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation, a program of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, is comprised of two teams – Waste Wise and Energy Smart. This position will report to the Executive Director and split its work between the two programs 50-50.
The Outreach Coordinator’s core duties include, but are not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work on contract for outreach services between Minnesota Waste Wise and The Recycling Partnership for services related to the MN Pollution Control Agency Recycling Education Guide.
- Outreach to unresponsive participants to reengage in both programs.
- Coordinate with the Minnesota Chamber communications team on all outreach to ensure consistent messaging for both programs and the Chamber organization overall.
- Maintain social media accounts for Energy Smart and Waste Wise.
- Design and create content for monthly email newsletter for both programs; distribution lists will include past and current participants.
- Maintain Energy Smart and Waste Wise webpages on Minnesota Chamber website.
- Use InDesign to create email newsletter and one-page promotional materials.
- Create and maintain outreach calendar to show scheduled messages for each month.
- Assist in creating Energy Smart and Waste Wise annual reports.
- 1-3 years’ experience in community relationship building, outreach and/or marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally strong data management, research and organization skills
- Computer proficiency including InDesign, Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to multi-task and mange several projects simultaneously
- Able to think outside the box and create opportunities out of challenges
- Able to self-direct and prioritize responsibilities in this new position
Interested in applying? Please email your resume and cover letter to Katie Klein at email@example.com. The application deadline is January 17, 2020.
Waste Wise Program - Sustainability Specialist
The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce is a statewide advocacy organization representing 2,300 businesses and over 500,000 employees across Minnesota. We advocate on a broad array of business issues that affect businesses’ bottom line. Advocacy includes legislative representation at the state capitol, as well as individual business assistance through our programs. Events and sponsorship programming support our advocacy and membership representation and service.
Waste Wise and Energy Smart are programs of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. The programs work in close partnership with the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the Chamber) to promote environmentally sustainable practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency.
The Waste Wise Program Sustainability Specialist is responsible for coordinating and conducting new business outreach and research, conducting on-site waste consultations, providing technical assistance and service follow-up, and maintaining program database. This position is also responsible for providing targeted program services to members of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce.
- Engage the Minnesota business community through in-person and other direct contact networking
- Schedule site visits for the Waste Wise program through phone calls, e-mails, and on-site door knocking
- Effectively communicate waste reduction, sustainability, energy conservation opportunities
- Perform on-site consultations to identify and encourage implementation of waste reduction, recycling, and organics diversion opportunities
- Conduct follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete waste reduction, reuse and recycling projects
- Maintain accurate records of business participation and promptly update database with program results
- Conduct waste reduction, reuse, and recycling research as needed
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Waste Wise Program Manager and Program Director
- 1 to 3 years recent experience in business environmental sustainability consulting and business development
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Comprehensive knowledge of waste reduction and business environmental sustainability issues
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, waste hauler representatives, and others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally strong data management, research, organization skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe desktop publishing software
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Able to think outside of the box and create opportunities out of challenges
- Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage at the federal rate
This is a full-time position with benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Program Manager for Minnesota Waste Wise at the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. Please send cover letter and resume to Katie Klein, firstname.lastname@example.org.