The positions listed below are temporarily suspended. Please check back at a later date.
Economic Development Coordinator
The Economic Development Coordinator provides a variety of services to programs directly related to the Grow Minnesota Partnership, the Chamber’s private-sector led business retention and assistance program in collaboration with 90+ local chambers and economic development organizations in Minnesota.
- Conduct one-on-one business retention visits statewide and provide any necessary one-on-one business assistance and follow-up.
- Provide primary support and resources to partners and companies seeking one-on-one assistance and visit follow-up in order to retain their business and/or assist in growth opportunities.
- Provide support in the management of the Grow Minnesota! Partnership business retention data base. Enter data from business visits into database.
- Manage MN Supplier Match, a supply chain database created to increase business-to-business activity in Minnesota. This includes, but is not limited to acting as the primary liaison of the program; maintain and coordinate the development of improvements in design and functionality; respond promptly to inquiries and requests for business assistance; link inquirers with the portal resources; work with the members of the Grow Minnesota! Partnership to develop interest and usage of the resource; create benchmark and analytics reports to measure program; and develop and implement member and community outreach plan to attract more engagement and increase use of the supplier database.
- Primary liaison for Grow Minnesota! Partnership-produced events and meetings including MN Supplier Match Roundtables.
- Represent the Chamber on targeted community and economic development groups, as necessary.
- Assist in the development of stakeholder presentations.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects related to both Grow Minnesota! Partnership and the Minnesota Chamber.
- Other work-related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, public policy/urban planning, non-profit management, public administration, real estate, or other related field of economic development; two years or more of direct experience working within an economic development program; or equivalent, combined relevant experience.
- Knowledge of and interest in the development and growth of Minnesota’s economy: Course work or experience that shows knowledge of our state’s economic history and the development of its economy.
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge, and direct work with state’s business community and individual businesses.
- Previous experience in project management activities which involve outcome-based results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to convert analysis into a clear and convincing presentation.
- Ability to work under pressure with short timelines and competing deadlines.
- Proficiency in working with large and growing databases of Minnesota companies utilizing Salesforce, CRM, and Microsoft platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective leader within a team environment.
- Understands the business of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce and its subsidiaries.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and adherence to timelines, along with ability to multi-task.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements to email@example.com by Friday, February 21.
Job Purpose: Help drive program goals for Waste Wise and Energy Smart through outreach services and communication efforts.
The Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation was created in 1994 to help businesses and institutions throughout Minnesota undertake new waste prevention and recycling programs. For the past 25 years, the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation has helped thousands of organizations throughout Minnesota minimize their impact on the environment and achieve cost savings through waste reduction, recycling, energy efficiency, and other sustainability initiatives. The Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation, a program of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, is comprised of two teams – Waste Wise and Energy Smart. This position will report to the Executive Director and split its work between the two programs 50-50.
The Outreach Coordinator’s core duties include, but are not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Manage outreach services between Minnesota Waste Wise and The Recycling Partnership for services related to the MN Pollution Control Agency Recycling Education Guide.
- Outreach to unresponsive participants to reengage in both programs.
- Coordinate with the Minnesota Chamber communications team on all outreach to ensure consistent messaging for both programs and the Chamber organization overall.
- Maintain social media accounts for Energy Smart and Waste Wise.
- Design and create content for monthly email newsletter for both programs; distribution lists will include past and current participants.
- Maintain Energy Smart and Waste Wise webpages on Minnesota Chamber website.
- Use InDesign to create email newsletter and one-page promotional materials.
- Create and maintain outreach calendar to show scheduled messages for each month.
- Assist in creating Energy Smart and Waste Wise annual reports.
- 1-3 years’ experience in community relationship building, outreach and/or marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally strong data management, research and organization skills
- Computer proficiency including InDesign, Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to multi-task and mange several projects simultaneously
- Able to think outside the box and create opportunities out of challenges
- Able to self-direct and prioritize responsibilities in this new position
Interested in applying? Please email your resume and cover letter to Katie Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is January 17, 2020.