2023 Key Issues: Health Care
Ensuring quality care is affordable and accessible to all Minnesotans while enhancing the ability of employers to provide coverage to their employees.
Health insurance is an increasingly important benefit, allowing employers to attract and retain talent in the marketplace and to ensure their employees stay healthy and productive at work. The majority of Minnesota Chamber members offer health insurance to their employees. Yet improving access to affordable health care is among the top issues Chamber members say the Legislature must address. This reflects the reality that employers – especially small employers – are struggling with the high cost of health insurance.
Return on investment for your Minnesota Chamber membership
2023 priorities include:
- Establish an independent Health Policy Commission.
- Oppose a government-sponsored public option.
- Support efforts to reduce health care disparities.
- Address the public benefits cliff that hampers Minnesotans’ economic upward mobility.
- Improve care outcomes and reduce costs by aligning Minnesota’s Health Records Act with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Oppose health care taxes, mandates and regulations that increase the cost of health care.
- Improve employers’ coverage options.
Make your voice heard
Make sure you're signed up for action alerts, join a policy committee or interact with legislators during 2023 Chamber Day at the Capitol! It's important for legislators to know how their actions impact Minnesota employers and employees.