Policy committees drive our agenda
The development of Minnesota Chamber policies is rooted in strong grassroots participation. Policy committees advance member priorities to the Board of Directors for final approval.
Welcome to our policy committee chairs as we begin our 2019-20 year:
- Education and Workforce Development – Karin McCabe, McGough Construction Co., St. Paul
- Energy – Scott Brener, The Brener Group, Edina
- Environment and Natural Resources – Kathryn Anderson, Wenck, Maple Plain
- Fiscal – Chris Martin, Grant Thornton, Minneapolis
- Health Care – Ingrid Christensen, INGCO International, Minneapolis
- Labor-Management – Dan Grady, NG2, Minneapolis
- Transportation – Geoff Baker, McFarland Truck Lines, Inc., Austin
Special thanks to our outgoing chairs:
- Health Care – Molly Jungbauer, Hollstadt Consulting, Mendota Heights
- Transportation – Ryan Steen, International Paper, White Bear Lake
We thank all of our committee chairs for giving their time and talent to help shape our agenda at the Legislature. Join a committee online.
NEW STAFF, POLICY ASSIGNMENTS
We are pleased to welcome John Reynolds to the Minnesota Chamber’s advocacy team as director of energy and elections policies. He was most recently assistant director of government relations with the Minnesota Multi Housing Association. He also served as the Minnesota House Commerce and Regulatory Reform Committee administrator from 2015-2018. John will now be the staff lead for our Energy Policy Committee. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To align our policy department with our overall mission and member workforce challenges, Lauryn Schothorst will be adding education and workforce development to her policy set. These issues align well with labor and workplace concerns. She will now be staff lead for the Education and Workforce Development and will continue as lead for the Labor-Management Policy Committee.
We are all terribly saddened by the tragic death of fellow Minnesotan George Floyd. We collectively need to encourage a...