2023 Legislative Priorities
Growing Minnesota's economy
The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce works tirelessly to represent more than 6,300 companies and half a million employees throughout the state, with the goal of growing the state’s economy. We look forward to working with lawmakers toward policies that will help create economic opportunity for all Minnesotans.
2023 Minnesota Chamber legislative priorities
Structural tax reform
- Lowering Minnesota’s income and corporate tax rates to make the state more competitive for business growth and workers.
- Preventing tax increases on job creators.
Environmental and regulatory reforms
- Improving speed and transparency of the process.
- Continuing to protect our natural resources.
Near-and long-term workforce solutions
- Accelerating licensing and credentialing in industries with shortages.
- Developing a productivity incentive for upskilling and automation.
- Increasing the number of career and technical counselors in schools.
- Accelerating career and technical education in schools.
Focus on affordability
- Protecting against costly mandates for employers, employees.
- Finding compromise solutions on child care and housing.
- Preventing increases in health care costs.
- Supporting affordable, reliable, cleaner energy.
In addition to advocating on behalf of our members, the Minnesota Chamber helps lead several coalitions of specific industries and interests, all focused on improving the state’s economy.