COVID-19 business toolkit archive
As the COVID-19 crisis develops, we will remove older resources from the COVID-19 Business Toolkit and will house them in this archive. Can't locate a particular resource? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEBINAR: COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR YOUR BUSINESS
The above webinar was recorded on Thursday, March 19 with what was known at that time. Events are unfolding quickly and we will post new resources online as they become available. Stay tuned.
If you have an additional question that was not addressed in the webinar, please email email@example.com.
Considerations for employers, employees
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) travel advisories – Ongoing updates on travel advisories within the United States and abroad.
- U.S Chamber Summary of Latest Congressional Action on Coronavirus Response - March 17
- U.S. Chamber guide for employers – Outlines how to work with and communicate to employees, make a business continuity plan before and after employees become sick.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines for business – Health and workplace details and suggestions for COVID-19 impacts on different types of businesses and employee activity.
- Treasury, IRS and Labor announce plan to implement Coronavirus-related paid leave for workers and tax credits for small and midsize businesses.
Understanding economic impacts
- U.S. Chamber Foundation guide to corporate aid – A list of corporate entities who donated or changed business practices to help fight COVID-19 around the world.
- Wall St. Journal guide to economic impacts – Summarizes data points to watch that will define economic impacts.
- Quick take on Coronavirus’ economic impact – Summarizes how businesses have been impacted so far.
Keeping workplaces safe and healthy
- U.S. Chamber guide to healthy habits – Background on COVID-19 and best practices to stay healthy and deal with employee diagnosis.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updates – Ongoing updates on the disease, how it is spread, where is exists and testing.
- Minnesota Department of Health resources – Updates on cases in Minnesota, best practices to prepare and prevent spread in workplaces.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) COVID-19 health updates – Detailed updates on risk factors, symptoms, treatment.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guide for workplaces – Specific to federal standards for preventing spread in workplaces.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) COVID-19 resource page (English) – Daily updates on the number and nature of Coronavirus cases in Minnesota and best practices for citizens to remain safe and healthy.
Funding – Loans and grants
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) guidance for employers – Links to information on small business products and loans, guidance on access to capital and the local assistance directory.
- U.S. Small Business Administration disaster loan application – Minnesota businesses now eligible as of Saturday, March 21.
- Forms to Fill Out FIRST. Here's a list of documents you'll need to provide to complete the application:
- SBA Form 5 or SBA Form 5C for sole proprietorships – SBA loan application
- IRS Form 4506T – Tax Information Authorization for the applicant, principals and affiliates.
- Complete copies of the most recent Federal Income Tax Return.
- SBA Form 2202 – Schedule of Liabilities.
- SBA Form 413 – Personal Financial Statement.
- SBA Form 1368 – Monthly sales figures
- SBA Guide to Economic Injury Disaster Loans – download forms to apply, and more.
- Have questions about these loans, please watch this video to answer some FAQs.
- Congressional summary of CARES Act for Small Businesses
- Coronavirus emergency loans small business guide and checklist from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL) guide from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit for COVID-19 impacted employers from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- How the U.S. Treasury Department is taking action on COVID-19
- Tax Savings Opportunities from the CARES Act by CliftonLarsonAllen
- DEED guide for small businesses on how to navigate state and federal COVID-19 assistance
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
- FAQ from U.S. Department of Treasury Paycheck Protection Program
- Guide to PPP Loan Forgiveness from the U.S Chamber of Commerce
- PPP Loan Forgiveness: A Step-By-Step Explainer video from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide from the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Guide to the Main Street Lending Program from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Federal Reserve Board expands Main Street Lending Program: Allows more small and medium-sized businesses to be able to receive support
- December 21 COVID-19 federal relief bill small business summary from the Small Business Committee
- Guide to Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Loans - What small businesses need to know about the new pandemic relief package – Changes to PPP and more from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- What does the federal relief package mean for Minnesota unemployment insurance - FAQ from DEED
- How to Get Your PPP Loan Forgiven from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- PPP First Draw Loans for first time program participants from the Small Business Administration
- PPP Second Draw Loans beginning January 13, 2021 for certain businesses who have previously received a PPP loan from the Small Business Association
- COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loans from the Small Business Administration. This loan provides economic relief to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue.
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant - Emergency assistance throught the SBA for eligible venues affected by the COVID pandemic. Applications open Thursday, April 8, 2021.
- What You Need to Know About Restaurant Revitalization Fund Grants from the U.S Chamber of Commerce
- A guide for navigating funding available for business growth from DEED
WEBINAR: Is your business COVID-19-ready?
The above webinar was recorded on Wednesday, March 11 with what was known at that time. Events are unfolding quickly and we will post new resources online as they become available. Stay tuned.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has arrived in Minnesota and it has many businesses asking critical questions. How can we keep our workplaces safe and clean? How can we accommodate changes in employee needs, like having to work remotely? And how might this impact my business and our economy?
The Minnesota Chamber is here to help. We compiled resources from trusted sources, aimed at helping you answer questions, and carry on with your business throughout this epidemic.
Watch the webinar as industry experts offer best practices and answer questions on health, safety and business considerations, and the economy as a whole. Click here to download a copy of the slides.
This is a benefit to Minnesota Chamber members only. Also, the webinar is off the record for media purposes. Reporters with questions about webinar content are encouraged to contact Chamber staff.