COVID-19 business toolkit
This toolkit will continue to be updated as new information and resources become available. Please continue to check back for updates.
On May 6, Governor Walz announced new reopening measures for businesses and the lifting of other restrictions. Per MPR, the phased reopening includes the following date- or metric-specific changes:
- May 7: The state removes limits for outdoor dining and events. It ends the mask order outdoors except at venues with more than 500 people. Pandemic-related closing times for bars, restaurants and other gathering spaces are lifted.
- May 28: Any remaining outdoor limits and indoor activity restrictions will end.
As of March 30, all Minnesotans 16 years of age and older will be eligible to receive a vaccine. Minnesota has directed providers to prioritize vaccine appointments for people most at risk of getting COVID-19, or those who could develop severe illness if infected. This includes older Minnesotans, those with underlying health conditions, and those in essential jobs.
How to help employees receive a vaccine:
- Help employees find where to get vaccinated: They can receive them through the health care provider, at a pharmacy and others. The state offers a vaccine locator map to help employers and employees.
- Host an on-site vaccination: Just like hosting an on-site flu clinic, a vaccine provider or health care provider could help you vaccine employees on-site. Contact your health care provider or sign up through the Minnesota Department of Health.
How to get a vaccine:
- Click here to access the state's Vaccine Locator Map to find vaccine providers near you.
- Contact your primary health care provider or a local pharmacy.
- Sign up for the Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector.
COVID-19-related business needs
Every business in Minnesota is impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. The Minnesota Chamber is actively working with our members and the business community as a whole to understand the current, dynamic business climate. Your answers below will help us understand the immediate and future challenges for business, advocate to elected officials, and bring your business much-needed one-on-one assistance.