2021 Key Issues: Health Care
Ensuring quality care is affordable and accessible to all Minnesotans while enhancing the ability of employers to provide coverage to their employees.
Access to high-quality, affordable health care is necessary for employers to stay competitive. A strong majority of Minnesota Chamber member organizations offer health insurance to their employees, although employers – especially small employers – struggle with the high cost of insurance. And according to a recent survey, 75% of those who offer these benefits report that they will need to make a change their offerings if costs continue to increase.
The Chamber’s priorities for the 2021 session include:
- Improve care outcomes and reduce costs by aligning Minnesota’s Health Records Act with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Oppose health care taxes, mandates and regulations that increase the cost of health care.
- Improve employers’ coverage options, including continued support for the individual market.
- Support increased use of telehealth.
- Establish an independent Health Policy Commission.
- Oppose a government-sponsored public option.
- Support efforts to reduce health care disparities.
- Support the public health response to COVID-19.
Our work gets results
- Helped pass reinsurance program to lower health insurance costs for employers on the individual market.
Make your voice heard