2021 Key Issues: Transportation
Ensuring Minnesota has a safe, reliable and efficient multimodal transportation system through sustained and strategic funding for roads, bridges and transit.
Minnesota’s dynamic system of infrastructure relies on a modern, multimodal system of roads and bridges, transit, rail and waterways. Employers rely on this system to conduct business and move goods and services through the state; and to do business within and outside Minnesota’s borders. Strategic long-term transportation investments will move continue to spur growth and move the state into economic recovery.
The Chamber’s priorities for the 2021 session include:
- Increased investment to address near-term revenue reductions.
- Reevaluation of planning processes and funding mechanisms to reflect industry changes.
- Prioritize investments with cost-sharing and a positive return on investment.
- Resolve long-term funding challenges facing the metro area bus transit system.
- Make changes to accommodate advancements in transportation technology.
Our work gets results
- Secured $13,000 in transportation investment per business that moves goods and services on Minnesota roads.
Make your voice heard