COVID-19 business toolkit
This toolkit will continue to be updated daily as new information and resources become available. Please continue to check back for updates.
How federal, state COVID-19 legislation can help your business
The above webinar was recorded on Monday, March 30 with what was known at that time. Events are unfolding quickly and we will post new resources online as they become available.
- Is your business or industry considered critical under the new executive order?
- There are three possible steps to determine if a business falls under a provided exemption from the Executive Order 20-20. The DEED website clarifies that a business does not need to qualify in all three. Rather, they may qualify under one or two, but not necessarily under NAICS.
- Step 1: Businesses can look at federal guidance from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) list to see if included in essential. If included as essential – STOP, no need to look further.
- If not included, Step 2: Look at the governor’s executive order. If included as essential – STOP, no need to look further.
- If not included in Step 1 or Step 2 above, go to Step 3: check the NAICS code.
- If you are still uncertain, then apply for clarification here. DEED is working toward a fast turn-around of business inquiries through this process.
- List of executive orders from Governor Tim Walz
- Stay at home resource page
- Frequently asked questions on the stay at home order
COVID-19-related business needs
Does your business have a plan in place to navigate the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic? We'd love to hear from you to learn what proactive steps Minnesota businesses are taking in response to the virus. Click here to take a short survey to help us be a better resource for all Minnesota businesses.